Exemplory instance of comparison essay the theory is that of literature: the difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature eliteessaywriters.com/medical-editing-proofreading-services is a particular type of art that can help to know the present-day history and also to understand how the main tendencies of social development in past times were formed.
Write on formation of styles at the start of essay
The looks of classicism, which developed in Western European culture at the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules together with axioms of plot construction, reflecting the thought of orderliness and excellence for the universe, nature and culture.
The “sensitive” literature of sentimentalism that emerged within the last half associated with the eighteenth century was intended to show and educate on examples and pictures that can cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided because of the indisputable fact that all evil could be overcome.
In our literary works as much as the beginning of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing one another and pursuing the same goal: to make society perfect, by affirming the rational principles of morality while the rules of human behavior. Methods to achieve this goal into the philosophy of classicism had been thought as the assertion for the supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and had been according to a definite division of creative styles and genres. The theorists of classicism paid unique attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies in which the basis of this plot has been important historic events, and actors – the gods and strongest for this world, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. These were related to the “high” genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered pictures could simply be present in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed this is of “low” genres. Obligatory observance of this unity of the time, place, action and guidelines of constructing tragedy and drama with exposure, zygote, growth of action, culmination and resolution limited the chance of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the bond of cause and impact, clarity expression of this primary idea of the work. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to use the method of artistic expression. Attention to household details, a description of emotional experiences, the image of this inner world of guy along with his closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel records come in the literature. The development of sentimentalism greatly expanded the possibilities of artistic prose and managed to make it more democratic: the attention of both article writers and readers ended up being the fate of a typical person, clear, near, causing interest and compassion.
In summary of essay give brief comparison of styles
Thus, the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism is as follows:
- The subject of the image within the works of classicism are important, significant events that determine the fate of a person who is obliged to obey the founded order in addition to determined program of events.
- In the heart of attention of article writers – sentimentalists – the inner realm of heroes, capable of deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is just a literary trend when the foundation regarding the artistic technique is the division of works into “high”, “medium” and “low” genres.
- Sentimentalism won’t have such a division, because its task is to educate the senses, using an array of visual method for this purpose.
- The main genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic story, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres attribute of sentimentalism are a novel, letters, diaries, travel notes.
- Classicalism argued educational a few ideas in line with the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner realm of heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They thought that educating a single individual, you are able to increase the whole society.